- Last Updated: 03 May 2012
Competences: BioMar is a company owned by Schouw A/S. Our head office is located in DK and we have activities in the business of feed for fish. Our production facilities are based in Chile, Scotland, Norway, Spain, Greece, France and Denmark. We have research and development activities connected to our operations. Our main R&D activities are based in UK, N and DK.
Material resources: We have an internal pilot production plant located in Denmark and trial stations at different locations.
Role: The role of BioMar in the ARRAINA project will be to produce fish feed for the trials done by other partners and to support the different WPs with its expertise in relation to fish nutrition and production of fish feed, and to be an active partner in designing the trials.
Staff members’ profile:
- Eldar Bedixen: has a master’s degree in fish physiology and a doctorate in fish nutrition from University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Trondheim, Norway. Has over the last 12 years been working extensively on general fish nutrition including in particular with nutrient and energy requirements and evaluation of novel protein and lipid sources in aqua feeds for salmon, trout and cod. He is presently working as a Senior Researcher in BioMar North Sea Research and Development department, Trondheim, Norway.
- Jørgen Holm: has a master’s degree in fish physiology and has been working with general fish nutrition and raw materials for 21 years, the last 15 as a product developer for BioMar R&D, now as group leader in fish nutrition for trout, seabass, seabream and eel nutrition in Continental Region, Brande, Denmark
- Arne Guttvik: has a master´s degree in fish health from University in Tromsø, Norway. Has over the last 12 years been working with fish health both evaluating and testing pharmaceuticals, especially vaccine testing on both salmon, trout, cod and seabass/seabream. Over the last 4 years he has been working with fish nutrition and interaction between nutrition and fish health mainly in salmon.
- Lars Kristian Holst: Product developer, DK. Responsible for daily optimisation of recipes at Brande plant. He has worked with nutrition/feed production for almost 20 years, of this the last 8 years in fish feed companies. Key areas have been optimisation of diets, searching for new raw materials and development of diets for new species.
- Ole Christensen, Continental R&D Manager: has a master’s degree in chemistry and physics from Aarhus University: Has been working for BioMar in more than 16 years and as R&D Manager in the last 14 years.