INRA TRANSFERT S.A. (IT)
- Last Updated: 28 August 2013
Competences: Inra Transfert is a fully-owned INRA’s subsidiary founded in 2001, originally as a technology transfer company specialised in the field of innovating technologies arising from agriculture-related research. The European Projects Department was created in 2004 for the purpose of strengthening the contribution of the mother institution to the implementation of the European Research Area with the mission to help INRA researchers and partners to setup projects in response to EC calls and manage them when selected by the EC. Combining scientific background and management skills, long-standing experience and fresh views, the team holds a strong expertise in:
- Helping researchers in the conception, construction and writing of relevant proposals especially regarding the health, agriculture, and environment topics.
- Managing collaborative projects from very large to smaller ones, among them:
- The FP7 large collaborative projects NovelTree (Forest sector driven genetic improvement of trees), TriticeaeGenome (Triticeae genomics for improved selection), and DREAM (Design of realistic food models with well characterised micro- and macro-structure and composition)
- The FP7 NADIR (Network of animal disease infectiology research facilities) project, a combination of collaborative projects and coordination and support actions.
- The FP6 integrated projects BaSysBio (Bacillus subtilis systems biology) and Co-Extra (Coexistence and traceability of GMOs)
- The FP6 networks of excellence EvolTree (Evolution of trees as biodiversity drivers) and ENDURE(Durable exploitation of crop protection strategies:http://www.endure-network.eu/).
Additionally, in view of dissemination of the project results, IT will make available to the project the unique expertise holds by its Technology Transfer department in:
- Managing technology portfolios through analysing inventions and their environment, searching for industrial partners, negotiating terms and conditions of technology transfer.
- Supporting development of innovative start-up companies by:
- Defining a business project around the know-how or patented technology to be transferred
- Determining IP related results to guarantee conditions for product commercialisation
Material resources: IT holds the license of Mayetic, a software tool aimed at providing web-based collaborative platform – with specifically dedicated server – designed to ensure secure and organised information exchange within project. Other tools IT has purchased in order to enhance project management efficiency include MS Project software.
Role: IT will lead the administrative and financial Management work, risk management, logistics as well as the management and implementation of the collaborative workspace
Key persons involved:
- Héloïse Simonson
Role: IT will lead WP8 and ensure the management of the consortium.
Phone: +33 (0)1 76 21 62 09